We're looking for a Cloud Engineer
Medior level 32 - 40h
At Aknostic we are making an impact with our sustainable cloud infrastructures and we need another cloud engineer to establish our mission. You will be a member of a team of dedicated cloud engineers in a growing and developing company, which is also a fun place to work!
As a Cloud Engineer, you will be responsible for building, enhancing and operating cloud infrastructures for different applications and customers, as well as automating and supporting the CI/CD pipelines for the development of those applications. You work for different customers which makes the work very diverse.
In this role you will:
- Build new infrastructures or migrate existing ones to the cloud.
- Advise our customers (mainly developers and product owners) about the problems they need to solve in their infrastructure, convey progress and provide them support.
- Enhance the infrastructures we are responsible for, to get better reliability, resilience, performance and security. You will take these infrastructures to the next level so they are robust enough to need minimum manual intervention.
- Operate these infrastructures, setting up monitoring and alerting. Participate in on-call rotations for the unexpected incidents, and work on improving the system to avoid them in the future.
What skills you bring to the table:
You have a strong understanding of a cloud ecosystem and you are able to troubleshoot issues that arise.
Concretely, you must have:
- Experience in a Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering or Devops position, building or operating distributed systems and/or infrastructures
- Experience with operations in a public cloud environment (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Some experience or knowledge of Kubernetes
- Some level of programming skills
- Good communication skills in English
Nice to have experience or knowledge on some of the following:
- Infrastructure as Code and configuration management tools (Terraform, CloudFormation, Puppet, Ansible),
- Continuous integration and delivery tools (Codepipeline, Github Actions, Gitlab CI, Jenkins)
Are you and Aknostic a match?
Next to technical skills we are also looking for someone who has the right mindset, so if you feel addressed by the following, we like to meet you!
- Having a learning and growth mindset; being part of a company that wants to grow and improve to make more impact;
- Enjoying working within a team and being ready to help others or asking for help, but also a certain degree of autonomy to investigate problems;
- Customer-focus and flexibility to solve the problems at hand;
- Understanding the importance of writing clear documentation, explaining decisions and solutions.
What do we offer
Working at Aknostic means you will get the freedom to organize your work (within certain guidelines). In return we ask for some flexibility to solve incidents outside of working hours when you are on call. On average you work from our customers’ office one day per week, and one day from our office in Utrecht. Other days are up to you, for example from home. Thursdays in Utrecht we all come together in our office at the Oudegracht with a view on the Dom tower. We have a nice lunch, there are company meetings and around 4pm we drink a (non-alcoholic) beer with each other. On sunny days we sail around the city on a colleague’s boat.
A medior cloud engineer receives a good salary starting from €3750.
Off course we also offer:
- 25 holidays
- Phone and Macbook
- NS Businesscard
- Suscription to Pluralsight
- Reimbursement for certificates to be obtained
We live and breathe cloud-native technology and live by our mission: sustainable cloud-native infrastructure, wherever you need it. We are a small team of slightly nerdy cloud engineers (+/-20 people) with different backgrounds (about 9 different nationalities!) and experience, which makes us a diverse group of people. We believe our differences make us stronger and we are looking for our next colleague to help us grow in every sense.
Excited? Let’s get in touch after you’ve clicked on the apply button below.
If you feel you don’t check all the boxes but you are interested in working at Aknostic, do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Do it now!
As a Cloud Engineer Amsterdam you work with the best people on complex projects within the market where you are hired for your (niche) expertise and to make a real impact! Together with some of the biggest names within Cloud Native Engineering, you help leading tech organizations in the greater Amsterdam region into the cloud. Which gives you the opportunity to work with AWS, GCP and Azure!
Please fill out this form
"*" indicates required fields